- HPNLU Journal of Environment and Disaster Management is a peer-reviewed journal published by the CEDM, HPNLU, Shimla. The Journal is an annually published, online and open-access journal. The Journal is envisioned to study, analyse, and develop/ advance knowledge on legal and jurisprudential issues with an interdisciplinary perspective keeping environmental issues as the focal point.
- JEDM strives to be the premier source for an academic analysis of legal issues, such that scholars, professionals, news media, and the public turn to the HPNLU Journal of Environment and Disaster Management when complicated issues arise. Along with exploring the various problems and challenges that affect the legal world, the Journal attempts to explore and offer workable solutions, which may be helpful.
Articles – 6000-10000 Words
Essay/Case Comments /Legislative Review- 4000-6000 Words
Book Reviews – 2000-3000 Words
Note – The word limit prescribed for each category is exclusive of the footnotes and references.
The prescribed theme(s) or topic(s) for the JEDM in Environmental Law. Inter-disciplinary studies are promoted, and contemporary topics of socio-economic relevance are suggested to the writers.
All contributions must be submitted in electronic form. The paper should be processed in MS Office and the following guidelines must be followed –
1. Paragraphs should be double spaced.
2. Margin on the left and the right-hand side for the paragraphs should be one and a half inches.
3. Font should be in type – Palatino Linotype and size – 11, throughout the paper.
4. Footnotes should be in Palatino Linotype and font size 10.
5. Use of italics, bold font, and single inverted commas is suggested for the manuscript.
6. The manuscript should not contain any references to the identity of the authors.
- Send your manuscript in MS-Word (.docx) format to email@example.com.
- The subject of the email should be “Submission for HPNLU-JEDM 2021” <Title of the Manuscript>.The submissions must be sent by 30 April 2022.
Each submission should include on the first page an Abstract of the paper. The length of the abstract should be 250-300 words.
Covering Letter and Undertaking
All submissions should carry with themselves Covering Letter and Undertaking in the Pro-forma prescribed in Annexure – 1 of this notice for call of papers.
Acceptance and Communication
The decision on the acceptance of the paper for publication will be of the editorial board which shall be final. The decision of acceptance will be communicated to the contributor. Due to the large number of submissions that the JEDM receives, it would not be feasible to reply to each contributor individually. Therefore, in case you do not receive any communication from the team, kindly consider your contribution, as not being considered for the current volume. The contributors are however encouraged to research and improvise and resubmit the paper for future volume(s) of the JEDM.
1. Citation: For citation refer to the HPNLU Legal Citation Format available at – Microsoft Word – HPNLU Legal Citation Style Booklet 2021.
2. Lengthy Quotations discouraged: Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep them at a minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgement.
3. Footnotes: Lengthy and multi-paragraph footnotes are discouraged. It should mention the page(s) of the source(s) and in the case where a Court Judgment is issued, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
4. Websites: Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.