About the Competition Commission of India (CCI)
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India, and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
About the Essay Competition
The Competition Commission of India is conducting a National Level Essay Competition 2021-22 as a part of the celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Competition Law in New India-Building Aatm Nirbhar Bharat
The applicant must be a student as on October 1, 2021, pursuing UG or PG course in Law, Economics, Management and Regulatory Governance in any recognised university in India.
Ineligibility: Wards and relatives of employees of Competition Commission of India or office of Director General-CCI or Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GOI are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in this competition.
Guidelines of the Essay Submission
The Essay Competition entries shall be submitted in word and PDF format by the deadline.
Length of Essay: Not more than 3000 words including footnotes. There is no minimum word limit; however, participants are encouraged to submit essays of not less than 1500 words.
Format of the Essay:
- Typed on A4 size.
- Font size shall be 12 points (English) in Times New Roman
- The space between the two lines should be 1.5
- Margins of one inch (2.54 cm) on all the four sides
Citations: Participants may use any recognized style of referencing/footnoting system and this must be used consistently & uniformly throughout the Essay.
How to Submit?
- Participants can submit their entries by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with entry form duly forwarded by their respective educational institutions latest by October 31, 2021(1800 hrs).
- Written Essay in English language – both in word & pdf format (NO SCAN).
- Candidates will nowhere mention their name or any identification in the text of essay.
- Entries submitted in hard copies and not in the prescribed format shall be summarily rejected without any intimation and NO query, correspondence; representation etc. pertaining to such entries shall be entertained by the Commission under any
- Subject of such email must be “CCI Essay Competition 2021-2022”.
- Entries shall be forwarded by the participant directly and shall not be forwarded through any other person at the mail prescribed above. All the fields in the entry form shall be compulsorily filled.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays shall be rejected outrightly. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
Winners will receive cash prizes as per the following table:
|Prize Category||Prize Amount|
|First (One)||INR 50,000|
|Second (One)||INR 25,000|
|Third (One)||INR 15,000|
|Consolation (Two)||2 x INR 5,000|
The prize winners shall also be given a certificate.