The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu that is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state’s public service.
About the Job Recruitment
Applications are invited from eligible candidates only through online mode up to 24.09.2021 for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor, Grade-II in Prosecution Department included in the Tamil Nadu General Service.
- Date of notification: August 25, 2021
- Last date for submission of online application: September 24, 2021
- Preliminary Examination: November 6, 2021; 10 AM to 12 Noon
- Main Written Examination: Dates will be announced later
A. Age Limit (As on July 1, 2021)
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC(V)s, MBCs and DNCs, MBCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all categories: No Age limit
- ‘Others’ [i.e. candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC(V)s, MBCs and DNCs, MBCs BC(OBCM)s and BCMs]: Should not have completed 34 years
B. Educational Qualifications
- Must possess B.L. degree,
- Must be a member of the Bar,
- Must possess adequate knowledge of Tamil and
- Experience: Must have had active practice in ‘criminal courts’ for a period of not less than 5 years
- Registration Fee: Rs.150/-
Note: Applicants who have already registered in One Time online Registration system and are within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
- Preliminary Examination Fee: Rs.100/-
Note: The Preliminary Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment if they are not eligible for the concession noted below.
- Main Written Examination Fee: Rs.200/-
Note: The Main Written examination fee should be paid later only by those applicants who are admitted to the Main Written Examination based on the result of the Preliminary Examination and on receipt of intimation from the Commission, if they are not eligible for fee concession.
Mode of Payment
- Preliminary Examination fee of Rs.100/- is payable by online through Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card on or before the application deadline by choosing the option in the online application.
- Applicants have also to pay the service charges as applicable.
- Applicants can avail exemption from paying examination fee as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of demand draft / postal order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have registered in the One-Time Registration system and paid the registration fee of Rs.150/- and received the registration ID need not pay the Registration fee i.e., Rs.150/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee
- Applicants who have made One-Time Registration must pay the prescribed examination fee for this recruitment unless fee exemption is claimed (One-Time Registration is only to avail exemption for Registration fee for a period of
5 years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment).
How to Apply?
- Apply only through online mode in the Commission‟s websites www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.in
- ‘One Time Registration’ using Aadhaar is mandatory before applying for any post.
- Applicant should register only once in the One Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as registration fee.
- All the applications should be submitted using the One Time Registration ID and password registered by the applicant.
Note: Applicants are advised to go through the official notification and the Instructions to Applicants carefully, before applying.
Online application can be submitted upto September 24, 2021 till 11.59 PM, after which the link will be disabled.
Click here for the guidelines.
- For clarification: Toll Free No.1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 AM and 5.45 PM.
- Queries relating to One Time Registration/online application: email@example.com
- Other queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the official notification.