The IMS Law Review Journal ( Student Edition ) is an annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed journal published by the School of Law, IMS Unison University. This journal has been founded with an objective to foster ingenuity, brilliance and novelty to unravel different contemporary legal issues and also promote among law students the culture of research and academic writing.
The papers submitted for publication in the IMS Law review journal should be original and not subject to any previous publication.
- Articles: 2000-3000 words. (These are evaluations of specific contemporary issues and aim at conceptualizing the issues in a unique and unconventional manner. The assessment of contemporary issues shall be appreciated, though not mandatory).
- Case notes/comments: 1000-2000 words. (These are assessments of the aim and legal impact of contemporary judgments and legislations).
- Essays: 3000-4000 words.
The formatting shall be as per the following:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 pts.
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margin: 1” from all sides
- Alignment: Justified
- Font: Times New Roman
Font size: 10 pts.
- Line Spacing: 1.0
- Alignment: Left
All the sources in the footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the guidelines given in the link below. No endnotes are allowed.
General Submission Guidelines
An abstract of about 250-300 words and 5 keywords should be mandatorily included in the same word document as a part of the submission.
- The title should be Bold, Underlined, in Capitals, Size 16, and Centre Aligned.
- Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, and left aligned.
- The contents should in no way, directly or indirectly, indicate or reference the identity of the author(s).
- The submission should be original and non-plagiarized. They should exhibit originality in thought, critical evaluation, and careful interpretations. Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The author(s) must send in the cover letter in the body of the mail, which must contain all the relevant biographical details (Name of the author(s), their degrees, Designation, Name of College/University/Institution, Postal Address(es), Phone Number and E-mail ID). A separate attachment as a cover letter will not be entertained.
- The mail bearing the manuscript must indicate the category that the submission is intended for, i.e. Article/ Essay/ Case Comment/Book Review.
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two members is allowed. However, co-authorship is not allowed in “case notes/comments”.
- Editors’ decision shall be final and binding. They reserve the sole rights to the publication of the selected articles in addition to, inter alia, any edits/amends/reproduction.
- The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the School of Law, IMS Unison University.
How to Submit?
Submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be sent to email@example.com in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. The attached submission in the email, i.e., the name of the document must be the name(s) of the author(s).
The subject title for the mail must be ‘Article/Essay/Case Comment’ for IMS Law Review. Please note that only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
- The deadline for submission of the manuscript is 30th March 2022, before 11:59 pm.
- There shall be a rigorous review process and the authors shall be intimated about the status of their manuscript at every stage.