About Department of Law, PIMR, Indore
Prestige Institute of Management & Research Indore is a well-established institute of Madhya
Pradesh, established in the year 1994 and accredited with NAAC “A++”. DOL is a popular
acronym to the Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore is an
exclusive Institution dedicated to law education both at undergraduate and post graduate level. The
Institute is approved by, “The Bar Council of India”, New Delhi and affiliated to the Devi Ahilya
University, Indore. Its pioneering and ingenious educational experiments have set it apart from
other law colleges in city and region. The department derives its potency and ethos from the
qualified and dedicated faculties. The college has the unique and proud privilege of inmate
association with prominent legal luminaries who regularly conduct colloquium, workshops and
training for students despite their hectic schedules and preoccupation. The Institute provides a
lifetime experience along with various amenities and facilities like international level moot court
for budding global lawyers, legal aid cell, legal awareness camps and global e-library with direct
access to national and international journals, books, working papers, legal search engines etc.
PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) is a form of extracurricular activity wherein
students from various colleges and schools participate as representatives of different countries.
The whole sole objective of PIMUN is to make students fluent public speakers, resourceful and
reliable researchers, skillful debaters and influential leaders. It will be conducted by Department
of Law, PIMR, Indore via virtual mode. It aims to get young Indian students to become global
citizens with a broad mind set and clear vision of the world. We are proud to announce that we are
organizing the 1st chapter of the Prestige International Model United Nations, 2021, to be held on
October 16 & 17, 2021. PIMUN 2021, with 6 committees and an executive board that boasts of
some of the most notable speakers and experienced debaters in the field of International Debate
and Model UN, promises to be the most awaited conference of the year.
Committees of PIMUN
• Niti Aayog: Question of Presidential Vs. Parliamentary Form of Governance with Lights
to The Basic Structure Doctrine.
• UNODC: Peer propagation of drugs among youth and a framework to counter it.
• IPSS: The Kashmir Dispute.
• UN Women: Gender equality in the 21st century using the learning from the Vedic Period.
• AIPPM: Reviewing the Farm Laws.
• UNSC: Roadmap for a peaceful Afghanistan.
Anyone between the age of 14 to 25 years who is willing and interested to be a part of PIMUN.
INR ₹500/- for Indian Participants & (Dollar) $10 for Foreign Participants.
Account Holder Name: Shubhank Khare
Account Number: 6251000400020989
Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
IFSC Code: PUNB0625100
Branch: Prestige Vihar Scheme No. 74 C Vijay Nagar
UPI ID: kharericky@okicici
Prizes worth INR 50,000/-
Best Delegate: INR 2500/- + Hammer + Certificate
High Commendation: INR 1500/- + Trophy + Certificate
Honorary Mention: INR 1000/- + Certificate
Important Dates & Time
PIMUN Conference Date October 16 & 17, 2021
Delegate Registration (Open) September 06, 2021
Delegate Registration Last Date October 06, 2021
Allotment of Countries/Portfolioss October 11, 2021
Announcement of Result October 17, 2021
Distribution of Certificate October 24, 2021
Day 01: October 16, 2021
i. 09:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M. Opening Ceremony
ii. 10:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Break
iii. 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. Committee Session 1
iv. 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. Lunch Break
v. 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. Committee Session 2
vi. 4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M. High Tea Break
vii. 4:30 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Committee Session 3
Day 02: October 17, 2021
i. 08:00 A.M. – 09:00 A.M. Yoga/ Meditation
ii. 09:00 A.M. – 09:30 A.M. Breakfast Break
iii. 09:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Committee Session 4
iv. 11:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. High Tea Break
v. 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. Committee Session 5
vi. 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. Lunch Break
vii. 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. Committee Session 6
viii. 4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M. High Tea Break
ix. 4:30 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Closing Ceremony
Disclaimer: 1. The decision of the chair, committee members and secretariat of the PIMUN on
any issue arising during the PIMUN conference shall be final and binding.
2. The organizers reserve all the right to alter or change the date, me, rules or the procedure of
INSTRUCTIONS TO ATTEND PIMUN DIGITAL CONFERENCE
1. PIMUN Online Conference will be conducted through Zoom (www.zoom.us).
2. It is highly recommended to attend the conference from your Laptop or Computer Only. Many
functions might not be available if you access from your mobile.
3. Download Zoom on your laptop or your computer, it will take few minutes only. A link to the
conference will be shared with you over email, you are requested to click the link and on webpage
click, “Download and Run the Application”. If the link is not working, Enter Meeting ID &
Password given to you by Team”.
4. You need to Download Zoom App if you access it from your mobile phone.
5. After clicking the link, enter your screen name. Please Note: All delegates are required to rename
their names during conference with the committee/country they are representing followed by their
names. For Example: If you are in UNSC committee, representing China and your name is
Gaurangi, then your name in Zoom should be: UNSC-China-Gaurangi. Participants without their
names in this format will be removed from the conference or will not be approved by the admin to
join the PIMUN conference.
6. In a conventional MUN, Delegates are required to raise their placards, however in an Online
MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Raise Hand” Feature.
7. In a conventional MUN, Delegates share chits/messages via organizing council, however in an
Online MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Private Chat” Feature or whatsapp
messages, as guided by the chair.
8. All the written materials including working papers/resolutions can be shared with participants
via a google doc link in chat. or share screen feature (only when allowed).
9. During Un-moderated Caucus students can interact with each other verbally as well as chat.
10. Please make sure your device connected with power supply and internet all the time.
11. Delegates don’t need to make an account on Zoom to join the conference. However, It is
recommended to sign up before starting the conference.
12. It is highly recommended to use USB connected Headphones or Earphones for better
13. There will be 3 Chairs monitoring the delegates, if internet connection of one of the chair
interrupts, Team will switch to the other chair.
14. It is highly prohibited to use “Share Screen” feature until asked by the Chairs. If interrupted by any delegate, they might be banned.
15. It is highly prohibited to share meeting ID or link with people who have not registered at
PIMUN Online Conference. Zoom tracks all the shared links, the delegate will be banned if found