ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually. The platform aspires to undertake a host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic and extra-academic progression.
It is committed for the cause of empowering especially the first-generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Mooting is an attempt to take part and witness the court proceedings, and to exercise the diligence and efforts in the craft of the court proceedings. Further, mooting helps the students to learn the courtroom etiquettes which provide them an insight into the real litigation world.
Vidhi Parivartan is organizing its 1st Virtual National Moot Court Competition to provide the students with an opportunity to develop their research and analytical skills, along with their oral advocacy skills, behind a virtual moot court setting, which shall help them in developing legal skills and hone them for their future endeavours.
Students duly enrolled and pursuing full time 5 years or 3 years undergraduate law course from India with law as major may apply to participate in Vidhi Parivartan’s 1stNational Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021.
- A team shall consist of maximum three members that must include two Speakers and one researcher. For a two member team, both participants shall be speakers and one of them shall be the researcher to the competition.
- Any team, intending to change the team composition shall intimate the Organising Committee by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; the change will be allowed at the discretion of the Organising Committee.
- Any person, other than the three registered team members, is not eligible to join the videoconferencing or the audio-video recording of the oral rounds, and non-compliance is a ground for disqualification.
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case of any unforeseen event.
- Prior permission of the organizers of competition in such a case shall be mandatory. In case the team fails to inform the organizers, their decision will be final and binding.
- Each team shall register for Vidhi Parivartan’s 1st National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 by filling up the registration form in the prescribed manner by 10th August, 2021.
- Link of Registration form: Click here
- On receipt of the duly filled registration form, the organizers shall respond to the participating team, acknowledging the receipt.
- After the deadline for the registration expires, the Organising Committee shall respond to each registered team, with a unique team code, which shall be used to identify the teams during the competition.
- The registration fee for the competition is Rs. 500/- for each Team.
- The registration fee for the Vidhi Parivartan’s 1st National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 is to be paid through Google Pay/ PhonePe/ Paytm/ UPI.
Payment shall be made to Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI on 8168515340 or to Anubhav Yadav via Google Pay or PhonePe on 9355118912.
- Any additional charges incurred by the team while making the wire transfer are to be borne by the team.
- Clarifications can be sought on any part of the moot proposition by 7th August, 2021. These clarifications are to be sent via e-mail at email@example.com and clarifications shall be released by 11th August, 2021.
- For more details please click here
- It is at the discretion of the Organising Committee to decide whether a clarification sought for is valid and to be clarified.