ABOUT VIDHI PARIVARTAN
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually. The platform aspires to undertake host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic, extra-academic progression.It is committed to the cause of empowering especially the first-generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Vidhi Parivartan has always aimed to be a dynamic platform which provides various opportunities to the people from the legal fraternity and beyond. Since decades, debates have been an essential part of dialogue and discussion. A debate drastically improves one’s linguistic and logical skills, along with the ability to construct strong arguments in a shorter duration of time, which is paramount in this world with cut throat competition. We are delighted to announce the 1st edition of Vidhi Parivartan’s Virtual Debate Competition, 2021, to be held on 10 th and 11 th July, 2021.
This debate will be based on the Lincoln-Douglas debate format i.e., one on one debate in order to promote individualism amongst the participants. Through this competition, we aim at providing the students with a platform to hone their debating skills and improving the whole debating experience by ensuring that the participants meet with challenging issues based on contemporary and developing aspects of law and society. The competition strives to provide a safe platform for students to grow and experiment with their communication skills and critical thinking abilities.
This competition is open to all bona fide school students from schools across India and all undergraduate and postgraduate students from colleges across India. There is no restriction on the number of participants from a particular school or college.
TOPIC OF THE COMPETITION
Is the world ready to go cashless with crypto? – Regulation of Crypto Currency around the World and India
STRUCTURE OF THE COMPETITION
The competition shall comprise of 3 stages;
3+1 minutes to speak, Timings will be displayed on the screen twice, once after 1 minute and second after another 3 minutes.
Rebuttal: 1 minute to each participant.
SEMI FINALS ROUND
4+1 minutes to speak, Timings will be displayed on the screen twice, once after 1 minute and second after another 4 minutes.
Rebuttal: 1 minute to each participant.
4+2 minutes to speak, Timings will be displayed on the screen twice, once after 2 minutes and second after another 4 minutes.
Rebuttal: 2 minutes to each participant.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. Each round will have the same topic.
2. The medium of debate is strictly English.
3. The participant must maintain the professional decorum at all times throughout the competition. Use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
4. The participants must ensure sound internet connection.
5. Any sort of malpractice or doubts that malpractice might have happened will lead to disqualiﬁcation.
6. Participants are advised to use laptop or desktop. In the event of non-availability of both, mobile phones may be used.
7. The student will have to maintain a distance of one meter minimum from the laptop or desktop.
8. The participants must use earphones and ensure that they are in a closed and silent space without background disturbances while the competition is in progress.
9. While a participant is speaking, the opposite participant will be required to keep their mics on mute and un-mute only when asked to speak.
10. Individual scores of each round will be released after completion of the respective round.
11. Each participant will be allotted a unique code for further reference and communication. The participant will be required to use that code only. In case any participant is found disclosing his/her identity, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the competition.
12. Draw of lots will be held before commencing of each round and will be communicated to the participants 2 hours before starting of that particular round through the WhatsApp group.
13. The participants will be informed about their stand, i.e., either “For the Motion” or “Against the Motion”, 2 hours before starting of that particular round through the WhatsApp group.
14. The decision of the judges invited for evaluation will be final and binding.
A phone/tablet/laptop and a stable internet connection
1. Each participant must register by filling this REGISTRATION FORM.
2. After successful registration, a conformation mail will be sent within 24 hours, confirming registration.
3. Registration Fee: Rs. 150/- [Only individual participation is allowed. There is no team participation.]
4. Payment shall be made to Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI on 8168515340 or to Anubhav Yadav via Google Pay or PhonePe on 9355118912.
1. Last date to Register: 08th July, 2021
2. Communication of Timings and Other Instructions: 09th July, 2021
3. Draw of Lots: 10th July, 2021
4. Date of the Competition: 10th July, 2021 [Preliminary Round and Semi Finals Round] & 11th July, 2021 [Final Round]
PRIZES AND PERKS
1. Exciting Cash Prize to the winner
2. Certificate of Merit to top 3 position holders
3. Certificate of Participation to all the participants
4. 50% discount on CV and Cover letter drafting service
5. 30% discount on publication in Vidhi Insight Journal
6. Internship Opportunity at Vidhi Parivartan to top 10 performers
7. Free Mentorship call with our mentors
For any queries or clarifications feel free to contact:
Ms. Saloni Sancheti, Manager, Organizing Committee via Email:
email@example.com or call at 8499953410 or you can mail your queries on
firstname.lastname@example.org or on email@example.com